What Do Our Wet Riser & Maintenance Services Consist Of?
The Annual Static Pressure Test
The is very similar to the Dry Riser static pressure test, however the system is already charged full of water.
A pressure reading is taken at each landing valve and additional actions are completed as follows:
- Check internal cleanliness of storage tanks
- Thorough check of booster pumps and their associated mechanical and electrical equipment
Visual Inspection, Maintenance & Remedial Repairs
British Standard BS9990:2015 recommends that the system is visually inspected every 6 months and serviced annually to ensure that the equipment is in a satistactory condition and ready for immediate use in an emergency.
The six monthly visual inspection consists of:
- Checking all outlet washers
- Checking for damaged or missing blank caps and chains
- Checking that all hand wheels and nuts are undamaged and in place
- Checking landing outlet valve connection clips are free moving and undamaged
- Checking the cabinets and doors for corrosion
- Checking the cabinet glass
- Checking all required signage is present and correct
Maintenance & Remedial Repairs (as required):
- Replacing outlet washers
- Repair or Replace Valves
- Replace blank caps and chains
- Repair or replace hand wheels and nuts
- Repair or replace landing outlets
- Replace the cabinet and door
- Replace cabinet glass
- Supply wet riser signage to all floors (as necessary)
Detailed Asset Inventory for each system
Dry Risers Ltd provide a full written report detailing current status of all equipment for each system.
In the event that we identify any equipment to be unsatisfactory, a written estimate for remedial repairs can also be provided on request.
Certificate of Conformity
All systems that are found to comply with the standards and are therefore in a satistactory condition and ready for immediate use in an emergency will be issued with a Certificate of Conformity.
Dry Risers Ltd ensures all works are completed in accordance with BS9990:2015 – the industry recognised British Standard.